Monday, January 28, 2008

Going Back to School-


Today I met with an academic advisor at UNLV. I actually enrolled for one class starting today, and planned the next 2 years of my life. Unfortunately, because it has been so long since I attended school, it is going to take a while. Some of my classes don't even count. That's a bummer. I am changing majors. I am switching from Elementary Ed. to Physical Ed. Basically when I am done, I will be able to teach P.E. K-12. It's a long, long road ahead. How weird it was today to be back on campus. Everyone so young, and beautiful. Anyhow, I know I will be glad that I did it. Wish me lots of luck, and pray for my brain power to come back. My girls have sucked me dry!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I leave the country for 3 days and your whole life changes! I'm proud of you! I don't think you will regret it. I got your message of the other blog. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Today was hard, emotionally. Keep checking the svmissions blog. That's where I'm doing my posting these days.

Love ya! Go Rebels!
Shannon

Laurie said...

Wait a minute Kim, your young and beautiful! Charles must be so prou of you, and you of yourself. Happy to be a friend and part of your journey!

Dena said...

I am so proud of you for going back. I think it will be a great thing. OK so check out my page for new pics. See the blanket in the background :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity for you Kim~ I think you'll be a fabulous P.E. teacher & Lauries right about the young & beautiful part!!!

Scott said...

Well I must say that I am both surprised and proud of you for going back to school. God is always faithful to us when we move in faith and totally trust Him when we begin something new ( or in this case completing something old). I agree that you will make a great PE teacher. You have a unique ability to connect with kids. Horay for Kimmy she's a darn fine gal. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Ditto papa Scott...I am so proud too. I will come be your nanny so you can finish sooner...(if I can be the boss of the girls) ha ha. One, You are going to be the best teacher ever. Just like I think Eight is the best blogger ever. I am such a proud parent.Love Mom

One- said...

Thanks for the encouragement mom and dad. However, it's a long road ahead. Hopefully, I don't get discouraged and quit. I think I can do it. But sometimes I try and help my kids with their homework and I don't even get it. Thats when I think, "how can I handle college?"

Anonymous said...

Kimberly Michele you have never been a quieter I know you will give it all you've got. Charles has always been a great support to you I'm sure that will continue, just be willing to ask for the help. Lots of Love, Mom