Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Sofa!

Here is a picture of the new sofa that will be going into the family room. It looks lighter in the picture than it really is. It also looks much smaller in this picture. But I just thought, I would share in my room re-do, since that is what I have been doing. The good news is that it is made of microfiber, which is suppose to be the best material to have with children. We also paid an extra $119.00 for a stain treatment. It's good for 7 years. If we can't get the stain out, they will send someone out. Then if it is still stained they will replace that portion of the couch. Sounded like a pretty win win situation. The other day we were at the clearance center at Walker Furniture and they had this huge chocolate brown ottoman for $140.00. All 3 of the girls could lay on it at the same time. If that is still around, I might go get it. What do you think?The best thing about doing all of this painting and new floors, is the spring cleaning that is going on with it. Because you don't want to paint over dusty door jams, and you have to pull out the stove, and fridge..so we cleaned all of the grease off the side of the stove. It's gross how much dust was in our house. I can admit, that mine probably has more than anyone of you who are reading this post. Jen, Mom, Dena, Laurie, Teri, you guys are all my idols, when it comes to your cleanliness. I just don't have it in me. Shannon, I just couldn't include you in that list. You are better than me, but you are not in their elite category. Just continue to pray for me. Please, pray for me.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

love the couch, but good golly it had BETTER be darker than that with your kiddos!

I'm sure I'll find lots of dust when we have to do the big move and clean!

Love the chocolate brown ottoman idea. That would be perfect!

Laurie said...

Kim, cute couch. Everybody's gonna want to live in that room. New floors, paint, couch, not to mention 42 inch flat screen t.v. Woo hooh girl!! Looks like Santa brought you and CA some late Xmas gifts. Can't wait to see the end result, I know you can't either. As for my cleanliness..... thanks, but that can leave a lot to be desired. Happy cleaning/remodeling!

Jen said...

Kim, Please read up on the stain guard. Our's says not to clean it yourself you will ruin it. Call them out 1st. Our friends had microsuede with the spray and lost out on their waranty when they tried to scrub out milk stains. If it's something minor I suggest to blot it with club soda. Otherwise you paid for the spray let them do what they say they will. Just fyi. Love ya, and all the new stuff. Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment Kim, but Ive definately gotten lazier in this area--- and thats ok with me!!
The ottoman sounds like a great idea!!! Great to prop your feet on!
(Love the couch too)Dont forget the final pictures--