Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trip to Washington

NATIONALS- Madison's team did a great job at Nationals. They took 9th place out of 36 teams. We had a tough schedule. We opened up the tournament, playing a team called, Synergy. It was a close game, we were leading most of it. Then the same girl, hit 2 home runs- over the fence! We lost 4-1. Synergy ended up being the National Champions. The girls were real sad after they lost. It had been a long day, they won 3 games in a row, before losing their 4th game of the day. Some of the girls on Madison's team are going up to 14-U so they won't all be playing together anymore, so lots of tears were shed.
FAMILY & FREIENDS - Because I am from Washington, Madison had lots of fans there watching her. My high school coach, Ed Maxwell, my pitching coach, John Gay, my travel ball coach, Rhett Hendrickson - all came to watch Madison play. It was a little weird, I have to admit. I am much to young to have my own daughter playing 12-U softball. It was just yesterday, I was doing that- lol! Along with former coaches at the ballpark, was my great family. My parents, my Nanny and Papa, my sister, Shannon, and her husband, Todd. Of course Emily and Colton were there- the best 2 cousins ever. Aunt Judy was there, along with one of my bestest friends, Vikki and her daughter Lauren. Madison liked having a crowd watching her, she played great. At the end of the tourney, Coach Gary, told the team that if he were to give a defensive player for the tournament, he would give it to Madi. I was proud of how hard she worked. Go 90% - inside joke!
ACTIVITIES-Clark County Fair, swimming at Kline Line, cook outs, bubbles, blueberry picking, rock climbing, bungee jumping- these are just a few of the fun things that the girls did on our trip. We jammed a lot of fun stuff into one week. Noni and Papa always make sure to plan lots of activities.

GIRL TIME- i had two really fun nights at home with old friends. The first night was at my sister's house. Vikki, Christina, and Cathy came over with their kids and we had a barbeque. It's amazing every time we get together, how it's so easy to talk, and laugh, and just enjoy one another's company. A couple of days later Michelle and Erica joined us, and we went to Portland for some pizza. The pizza was good but the good times, even better. Michelle told some great stories, while Erica replied, interesting! Just like old times. No one tells a story like Michelle, especially not Vikki- lol!! I love them all lots- All in all the trip home was great and I am so glad and thankful, and truly blessed.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

hey! There's not one stinkin' picture of me, the wonderful sister!

One- said...

i wanted cake-

Trish said...

okay, so i don't know you personally but have known your family from church for a long time..........I am not a stalker, but just linked to your blog from Shannons. I was reading about your trip to Washington, and I think we have a mutual friend. Is your "friend Vikki and her daughter Lauren" Vikki Murray? If it is, Lauren and my son Ben are good friends from school. Small world.

By the way, happy belated b-day!

Trish Hull

Anonymous said...

You write very well.