Sunday, August 26, 2007

MEME

I got tagged. So I have to do this thing called MEME
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog




1. The first thing that you should know, is that I have a terrible long term memory. One of the things that bothers me about that, is that I have really had a wonderful life, and I wish I didn't forget so many of the details. One of the good things about it, is that I'm not the typical woman who remembers the day, the hour, and the minute her husband "did her wrong!"

2. I am a very forgiving person. You could call me a peace maker, I guess. Shannon and I always say, that I am not the typical 1st born personality. I am more like the middle child, always wanting to make peace. Can't we just all get a long. I don't do well with confrontation. I usually cry. So please everyone, be nice.

3. I can't stand listening to people chomp. The worst would be at the movie theatre listening to others chomp their popcorn. Omgosh- it makes me crazy just thinking about it. So in order to not hear them, I have to be chewing too- If I could just eliminate that from driving me crazy, I might lose a few pounds. Ha Ha- I really can't stand any noise that continues in any sort of a pattern. For example, snoring, a clock that ticks, popping gum, etc....

4. Parenting is the hardest job on earth. Yeah, yeah, we hear that all the time, but really we are serious. I know that they say, knowledge is power, but sometimes I think we have too many books, ideas, etc. about parenting. I mean, Charles Ingalls and Caroline Ingalls, never had so many decisions to make. Life was simple. Having 3 girls, I have learned that they are all different, just like us adults. And trying to parent them individually according to their specific needs is tiresome. I can admit to the fact that I don't have all the answers. The good news, is I know God does, so I keep trusting Him and chugging along. The other thing is my memory stinks so bad, I already forgot half the battles we have fought. JK-

5. I spent about 15 years in a legalistic church. After almost 2 years of being out of there, and reflecting, I can honestly say that life is so much better. I wish I wouldn't have spent any time there, but God works all things out for His glory. I mean think about it. When men tell you how to live your life, what to watch, what to listen to, etc... there is little to no growth. I could write forever about all my different feelings, but it's not necessary. I really want to move forward in the plan that God has for me and my family.

6. Most of you know that my husband, Charles, is black. So I just want to throw a little something out there, for all you girls who think you are having a bad hair day, or that your hair is so difficult to manage. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. I have 3 girls with more hair than you can imagine. I have been straightening hair today for literally 4-5 hours and we still have work to do on it in the morning. I will post tomorrow with pictures. Especially Mikelle, my baby, because it's her first day of kindergarten.

7. I just had a birthday dinner with some girlfriends last week, and it was so much fun. Let me encourage all you ladies, to take time to spend with friends. Of course it revoloved around food. Thinking of food brings me to some thoughts. I was laughing at Shannon's MEME about making cookie dough. I think she learned it from me. Infact, I would do it right now, but I am out of butter. Once Shannon and I went to Papa Murphys to bring pizza home for everyone. We bought their cookie dough and ate it on the way back to my moms, and then threw the container away outside so no one would know. I wish that calories didn't count if no one saw you eat it. I Lol! I always tell my kids that I better taste their food, to make sure it's not poisonous. They always say, yeah right mom, you always say that...blah, blah... But they always let me. I think they would be disappointed if I didn't.

8. The first kiss that ever freaked me out, was in the 7th grade. Robbie Reagle was walking me home from school, and we came to the corner, where he had kissed me good bye before, but this time was different. He actually put his tongue in my mouth totally unexpected. I don't remember saying much, just walking home stunned. We didn't go out too much longer. We remained great friends, and even went to Senior Prom together. That was my last physical contact with anyone, until I was married. Okay, just kidding! Fooled ya for a minute?

2 comments:

Dena said...

Fooled who???? Some of us know better about that last one Kimmy!!! But who am I to judge...hahaha. Too bad calories aren't the only things that don't disappear if no one really knows about them...some ex's and guys met out and about have all but disappeared from my mind. By the way I got an email today that I had to name a female and i named you...that meant you were my best friend when I scrolled down later. I feel pretty lucky for that fact.

Shannon said...

Oh cookie dough! How I love it....just ask my butt and thighs!