Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I have nothing to wear!


We have all said it a thousand of times, "I have nothing to wear!" We don't actually mean it, because it's not as if we have to walk outside naked or anything. We just don't have something new, or something that we feel makes us look skinny, or something that's clean- right? For some reason when my daughter says it, it drives me nuts! This is a picture of her closet, which doesn't even hold all of her clothes, she has more! She doesn't say it everyday, but man her ungratefulness really got to me. It challenged me to take a look at myself. My attitudes aren't always about clothes. There are plenty of other things to "desire," more of. For example, new furniture, nicer car, jewelry, etc.. to name a few. I really felt the Lord quicken in my spirit, the message I heard Sunday at church. I want to really try harder to remember that Jesus is the only one who will bring complete satisfaction. You think about the fact that as a society, we have never had so much "stuff", yet as a whole we have never been so depressed. Look at people with money, like stars and stuff. They have all the money they want, yet their marriages end like crazy. Don't get me wrong, blessings rock! And God is so faithful to bless us. I welcome them with open arms. Lol- We have our health, and a future that is filled with hope because of God's grace. This blog is kind of going all over the place as far as subject matter. But hey, it's late, Im tired, and I have nothing to wear tomorrow- ha ha!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Nicely organized closet! Did you have to prep it for the pic? ha ha!

Nicely said sista!

One- said...

No I did not organize the closet for the picture. I took the picture about 2 months ago. Was going to email it to aunt patty to show her all of carolines clothes in madison's closet-

Unknown said...

Kim Madi is very blessed!All your kids are blessed to have dedicated loving parents,even though they don't always know it.Yes sundays message was trully on target,enjoyed it very much.

Jen said...

I remember saying that! Oh know I'm scared of what I have to look forward to. By the way I updated my blog spot, sorry it's been so long. Jen