Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty-



For those of you who know my oldest daughter, Madison, well-this probably won't be that shocking of a story. Let's just say, she has a lot of nerve, always has. About a month ago she told me that her friends cat had kittens, and could we PLEASE have one. "No, not even an option. I don't want one, we are not going to get one, so just put that idea out of your head," I told her. She brought it up again about 2 weeks later, I again told her the same thing. Now fast forward to this past weekend. I have been at my games all day and am hurrying home to get ready because we are all going to the UNLV Football game. I get home at 4:45 and Madison has a kitty. The boy had come to the house with the kitty and she said that she could have it. She honestly believed I guess that this would just put us into a corner that we couldn't get out of. I am not quite sure, because our brains don't work the same. Anyways, now what are we going to do with the cat. Charles just wants to put it outside, and let it fend for itself. I don't want the cat either, but I can't do that. So I start asking neighbors. They both wanted it, but they had people in their homes who are allergic to cats. My neighbor agrees to keep it while we go to the football game. I was just planning on taking it to the shelter the next day. (We don't know where the boy lives who gave us the cat, cuz they just moved.) Of course Madison is all dramatic, she wan't a new family, and new parents, blah, blah, blah... I had said something to her, and she said "Oh my God," - I said this isn't about God, it's about you." She said, "it is about God, cuz I wish he were my father, cuz he would let me have a kitty." Of course I said, "He is your Father," she just rolled her eyes, and told me how unfair her life was. Anyways, on the way to the game I called one of the girls I coach on the college team, and she wanted it soooo bad. So we arranged for me to bring her the kitty the next day. Miah and Mikelle had fun with the kitty, for the few hours we had him. Oh yeah, did I mention Madison was leaving town that same night for a tournament in California, so she wasn't even here. It was good she was leaving, if you know what I mean. Miah was ready to give the cat away because she had scratched Miah so bad. So that is a pretty normal day in our house- unfortunately.

7 comments:

Dena said...

I have a cat without front claws for you :-) Too funny, but tell Charles he just lost a few cool points in my book for just wanting to put the cat out :-( Your girls have not realized that you all are not really pet people yet have they??? Tell them to come to my house and love bunny to get their fill...or better yet they can swim with Jasmine, that will turn them off for good.

Unknown said...

Kim never liked cats my sister does but not I(no pun intended)anyway an animal is a huge amount of work.I was looking on line this morning about adopting one for the kids.Then I was thinking about how my girlfriend down the street just paid 2,500 for hip surgery for a brand new puppy who fell out of her husbands truck,when she already told him it wasn't safe.Anyway she put it on her credit card and he felt bad but not bad enough,because he wanted to put the pup asleep.Now I know a dog really is part of the family and all that good stuff,and I would expect to pay for shots,food,fun stuff and even check ups.I don't know that's alot of money it's so much money that at my house we really wouldn't have had an option.See I think vets do a great service but how do they expect familys to adopt pets when healthcare is not only needed for HUMANS but now I've got to worry about my pets healthcare.By the way,she said there was no payment plan offered no nothing.Pay now or your dog is put to sleep.Something ain't right.!!!! right?

Shannon said...

that kitty is soooo cute! I wish I could have one, but you definitely DON'T need one! Way to stick to your guns.....drama, drama, drama!

Shannon said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED....check my blog out for more details.

Shannon said...

onelove you alot good job on not getting the kitty. nice try my number one grandchild. i

Shannon said...

oh my goodness i actually sent a message on my own. pretty awful for someone who iis 60 in a couple of months.

Shannon said...

did i forget to tell you i can't type /or have you figured that out /