Monday, October 22, 2007

5 Things I know for sure!

My sister Shannon, "tagged" me with this question, "What are 5 things you know for sure?"

1. I will NEVER, EVER return to the Potters House Christian Fellowship Church. I spent over 15 years as a member of that particular church. Although their basic doctrine is the gospel, it is so full of legalism that it becomes a very dangerous place. I left about a year and a half ago, and man God is good, faithful, and He alone satisfies.

2. I know FOR SURE, that parenting is not how I imagined it would be. Some things are better than I imagined, like morning hugs. While other things are far worse, like hearing, "I hate you!"

3. I know FOR SURE, that I wouldn't enjoy life without friendships. I am so thankful for my friends. My husband, my parents, and my sister along with Jen, Laurie, Dena, Vicki, and countless others have made my life so blessed.

4. I know FOR SURE, that I will never be as organized as I dream to be. Which includes things, like our home, laundry, bills...etc. I try, I really do, it just doesn't work. It stresses me out more, to try and live that way, then it does to live with the stress that being a bit disorganized creates. I don't know why exactly, just how I am wired I guess.

5. I know FOR SURE, that I want to die before any of my children do.

I am suppose to pass this along to a couple of friends, so Dena and Jen, what are 5 things that you know for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim,hang in there with those kids.Parenting is hard,the hardest job.Prince is almost 14 so Lannie has the difficult job of teaching him how to be a man(a real man)I can honestly say if Prince grows up to be half the man Lannie is I will be a very happy mom.Jayde-well she's just Jayde.O.k one thing I know for sure is... oh I know what your thinking Laurie doesn't have a blog,she has to do it the right way like everyone else.To bad you legalistic bloggers.Anyway,like I was saying one thing I know for sure is...Ha just wanted to prove a point!!!

Shannon said...

Laurie, I'll create a blog for you! Just say the word!