Sunday, November 4, 2007

Anthony Family Sports Update

Charles' team finished 2nd in their conference with only 1 loss. They will start playoffs next weeks. I believe it takes 3 more wins to get them into the State Championship Game. Their win last week was against a school named, Cimmaron Memorial High School. Every team in the district has a rival game, where there is something at stake...maybe a trophy, or something like that. Whoever wins keeps it for the year until they play again. Cimmaron has had the trophy for the last 2 years. We finally won it back on Friday. Charles and the team were all very excited. They tried to pour water on his head at the end of the game, but he was a bit too fast. I will keep everyone posted.
We played a few games this weekend. "We", being the junior college softball team that I coach. It's always fun when we get to play at UNLV's softball facility. It is just so beautiful. We played 3 games. We only won, one game. However, we competed quite well in all 3. This is just our fall season, so they are more like scrimmages. We let everyone play, so that we can see what they all have to offer. Next weekend is our final weekend, for Fall ball. We play 3 games again. Our final game on Saturday will be against UNLV. They are pretty talented. I think we should be able to compete for a while. Their bats are pretty dangerous.
Madisons softball team played in a tournament here in Las Vegas this weekend. They won 1st place today. She played well and seemed to have fun. Her voice is very horse from all of the cheering. She hit a couple of good singles, as well as 2 real sweet doubles. Her ankle is a bit sore and swollen. She twisted it running bases. But nothing major.
Miah and Mikelle had the weekend off. Both of them have about 2 weeks left in their seasons. Miah has really come into her own this season. She hits with some power, and likes playing 3rd base. Mikelle just loves everything about playing. She runs all over the field. She has had a few home runs herself, even sliding at home. Its cute, I have to admit.

2 comments:

Scott said...

CA
Way to go I am proud of you. I bet that your kids were pretty excited to beat Cimmaron. Anyway, have Kim keep us posted about how your team does in the playoffs.
Dad

Unknown said...

Kim I must admit I am so athletically not in touch.I tried basketball in highschool and so did my sister.I wasn't to coordinated on the court and having a baby at sixteen was bad for the teams image(go figure).My sister was both athletic and beautiful she even modeled for a few years.Basketball didn't work out for her because my parents weren't supportive enough so she just became a lesbian instead(hee hee)So when it comes to the enthusiasm I'm a little lost but happy to see your familys success in sports.I guess I can live my sports life through you!