Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Review-

First and foremost, let me give you the update on Tempestt. She is definitely doing better. She has been off the ventilator for about 4 days now, after having been on it for about 5 days. It's obvious that she understands everything being said, and she talks a little bit. Mostly just answering yes or no. Her throat and the insides of her mouth are very sore from the ventilator. Therapy will be necessary to regain her strength. Please continue to pray. Without a miracle, the road before her is very long and hard. Originally she was scheduled to have a kidney transplant in about 1 month. Now there is no way her heart is strong enough to go through the surgery. I know there are many people of prayer out there, and I am calling on you to please lift up our niece, Tempestt. Also lift up her parents who have been through more than I can even imagine.
Now on to the more trivial stuff.... Charles team won their first playoff game. They defeated Spring Valley High School 28-20. They will play Gorman this Friday. Gorman is undefeated this season, and is one of the teams expected to win State. Hopefully the boys are ready to play the game of their life.
Our fall season of softball is over for CSN. We finished up this weekend. Our last game of the weekend, was against my old school, UNLV. We had our work cut out for us. We actually took the lead 2-0. Then they tied it up. We scored 2 more runs and went ahead 4-2 into the 5th inning. That is when we started making a few errors, and they began hitting the ball rather hard. We lost like 8-4. Not bad, considering we are a junior college and they are a good Division I program. It's always easier for the lesser team in those situations, cuz we have nothing to lose. The girls played well, and it was fun. I am looking forward to my 8 weeks or so without softball everyday. Well, I still have lessons, and Madi is still playing. Atleast it will be a bit slower thru my favorite Holiday Season!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go CA!!!Charles must be very excited.I know he works hard to get those boys to play a good game.i talked to you earlier so I knew Tempest was doing better.Lannie and I speak of her often,and how lucky we are Jax is doing well.Glad softball is giving you a little break,can't wait to spend some time with you.

Scott said...

One I love you very much. Dad and I are praying for Tempest and CAs whole family. And will continue to do so until all is well.YeahCA on your game. Wish we could see your games. Ican ' ' not type so I will stop for now Love MOM

Shannon said...

Glad to hear Tempest is doing a little better. I will continue to pray.

Great job on the win CA! Now go get Gorman!