Sunday, November 4, 2007

Please Pray!

Some of you know that Charles' nieces, Tempest and Tamika were diagnosed about 6 years ago with Lupus. We lost Tamika about 5 months ago due to complications after one of her many surgeries. She was only 20 years old. Fortunately, she loved the Lord with all of her heart, and although it was painful for us to let her go, she finally is healed in heaven. Right now, Tempest, is fighting for her life. Yesterday, she had a surgery to remove fluid that was surrounding her enlarged heart. Sometime after the surgery, she went into cardiac arrest. Now, she is still on the ventilator. Other than opening her eyes, she is non responsive. They don't know yet how much neurological damage was done, during the cardiac arrest. I was so unprepared when I went to the hospital. I had no idea the situation was so critical. I held her hand, and rubbed her hair, while I prayed for her. But I just cried. It's just so hard. I can't even put it into words. I told her I would pray and have others pray, and that we would fight for her. As you read this blog, just believe God with me for a creative miracle.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Kim, These are not the type of blogs that any of us like to read but praise God that it is available for us to use. As you requested, we made Tempest the center of our home groups prayer time tonite. There wasn't a dry eye in the place as we pressed in with all of us believing for a miracle. Please tell CA and his family that a large number of us here in Vancouver are praying for all of you but especially for Tempest. Love Dad

Unknown said...

Kim-So hard to understand God's plan for our lives when the youth of our world don't get to see the joys we all take for granted and will continue to take for granted because that's the way we function.I realize painfully at time that I am not immune to the devestation life brings because I believe Jesus.I'm only immune to the hopelessness that comes from not believing him-that's why we pray-hope.

Dena said...

Kimmy,

I am so sorry. I will be praying for her. Please tell CA he is in our thoughts. I love you.

Shannon said...

We will be praying for all of the family and for God to heal Tempest.

Jen said...

Kimmie,
So sorry to hear about Tempest. I will pray for her and everyone there in LV. Miss you, stay strong for the Family, Love, jen