Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I HATE MISSING OUT!


I was just getting ready for bed, and thinking that I haven't blogged in a while. But for some reason, blogging without pictures to me is boring, and I haven't had any batteries in my camera for a while. So, anyhow...I was reading my sister, Shannon's blog, and all of the Thanksgiving, and my mom's 60th birthday festivities, and came across this picture of my wonderful family. The thing that made me the most sad of course, is how much I wish I was there. The "holidays" are always kind of a weird time. It doesn't seem to matter how old I get, around this time, I just want to go home. I know the idea at this point is to create our own family memories, and we do. I am sad to have missed my mom's 60th birthday party. It looks as though they had a lot of fun. I was able to do a video call during the party. My sister walked around with the laptop and the camera so I could say hi to everyone who was there and stuff. It was a great turn out. I love ya so much mom, and I am sorry I couldnt be there. As for Christmas, we just have to make due. We put up the tree today. Miah, of course was the biggest helper. Mikelle just wanted to wrap stuff. Once she found the wrapping paper, she just walked around finding things, and asking if she could give it as a gift, and then would wrap it all up. Well, I am off to bed. Good night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you were bumed about not being with your family on Thanksgiving and your mom's b-day.We enjoyed you and the girls at our house on Thanksgiving.

Dena said...

Since my family is so spread out we all just ned to form our big family/friend functions here. I always loved the big family stuff too. I wish we were still able to do those things.

Infarrantly Creative said...

I hear your pain I remember crying for years everytime my family got together and I could not be there. It does get easier as you have found out I am sure. But it just seems unfair when God blesses you with a great family and you miss out.

Shannon said...

I thought it was really neat that you at least got to do the video chat. Pretty crazy to think that I "carried" you around the party so you could say hi to everyone!

You were missed very much!