Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Opening Weekend & Mammogram-

 
 
Last weekend, Mikelle and Miah had opening day for their Fall Softball Season. They both were so excited and had lots of fun. Miah had a double header and they won both games. She played 3rd base, which she was very happy about. She had some good hits. One was a double. She thinks maybe if she was faster it could have been a home run. Mikelle had just 1 game. They don't really keep score. She was up a bunch of times, and had a couple of home runs. She can really whack that ball off the t- They both seem to be happy with their teams, and we look forward to a fun season.
Well, earlier today I had that mammorgram. First of all, it doesn't hurt. Not at all, to me anyway. My insurance was having this campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness and sent out flyers advertising, no co-pays for mammorgrams for woman over 35. I had heard that you weren't suppose to wait until you were 40 anymore so I decided to go. When I was registering, the girls at the front desk said they would have to call my doctor to get a referral. I told them, that with my insurance I am able to self-refer. And also that I was confused because the flyer didn't say anything about that, neither did the person on the phone when I made the appointment. Well, because you are under 40 we need a referral. Then a rep. from my insurance co. came out. She said they provide an exam from a doctor they brought, and she can give me the referral, so no worries. So I get the breast exam. Then when I actually get into the test. The technician gives me an attitude about coming for a mammogram before the age of 40. I said, "yeah, it seems I have heard conflicting views on when to start getting them." She said, "no there is nothing conflicting, you should wait until you are 40." I then told her that I have heard on the Today Show, or somewhere that they lowered the age." She then had the nerve to say to me- "that's TV and I am the professional." I was like, "it was a Dr. who said it." So I don't want to type anymore of the dialogue, but that was basically it. She was rude, and upset me. Then I said, trying to lighten the mood. "Is it good that I am big, and SAGGY- that way it's real easy to grab and stuff. She said, "Oh, No! See, I can't get it to stay where I need it." I was just trying to find 1 positive thing about having less than perky boobs. So, all in all average experience. Good news, it didn't hurt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: