Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ALL ABOUT MY NANNY!

The BEST part about GGW every year, is spending time with my Nanny. We all spoil her, and pamper her, and she loves every minute. This year my cousin Allison put together a scrap book for her. A few months ago, Alli asked us to write down some of our favorite memories about Nanny. She put it all together with pictures in a book. Then one night, we all gathered around with tissue, and listened as one by one we read aloud what we each had written. This is what I wrote:

My dear, sweet, precious, Nanny! Having you as my Nanny, is the one of my greatest treasures in life. Every time I look at you my heart melts, and I begin to smile. You have always been there for me, with your sweet concern, and unending support. I remember when I first met Charles, and finally brought some color into this family! LOL! You trusted me and my decision making. You weren't judgmental, just concerned. I was thankful to have your blessing, it meant the world to me. When Charles and I got engaged, I just knew that I wanted you to play a special part in my wedding. I was so lucky to have you stand up and honor the both of us, by reading the special poem. Whenever I watch my wedding video, I always tear up when I see you. You looked beautiful! You got a bit choked up when you were reading it, and it gets me everytime!
One of the other many blessing in my life, are the examples of marriage that surround me. You and Papa, as well as my own parents are true examples. I have been married long enough now to know the "realness" of life, and the fact that marriage isn't easy. I know that you have been thru both good times and bad, yet you have held on. I appreciate it, I respect it, and I thank you for it.
I don't think any of the grandkids will ever forget the good times at the Ventura Apartments. That was the coolest place to visit ever. I loved playing "office" in your office! I loved the pool, and the Pac-Man game. Going to the ice-cream place and playing more video-games, was always a great time. I don't think either of us will ever forget the story about the egg-plant. I always get a great chuckle when I think about that, and what a loser I was. LOL!
Another blessing that I don't take for granted.....is the fact that you are such a cute dresser. I mean some Gramdmas are decked out in polyester, and orthodics.....but not my Nanny! You just out dress me for every occasion, and that is really okay with me. I love watching your cute little bootie in your jeans. Then when you add the adorable shoes, and accesorize so adorably, it's just over the top!
Your spaghetti is another blessing in my life. I don't get to eat it very often, but when I do.....ooooh baby!
Thank you for always remembering my birthday, my kids b-days, my hubby's b-day! It means a lot to me. I love looking at your signature. I remember as a kid always trying to copy your signature. You make the coolest, cursive,capital E. I think I finally got it down.
Some of the best memories have been over the last 5 years at the Girls Get Aways! It was so funny when you tried on my over the shoulder boulder holder! It almost fit. I loved your emotion and excitement when you found out we were going to the Braves game. Most of all, I look forward to this years weekend and many, many, more to come.
I love you Nanny with all my heart! Thank you for always loving me. The greatest gift and blessing you have ever given me, is my mom. I love you both very much!


I don't have any pictures of myself when I was reading mine, but I was crying pretty hard. Nanny was crying, the whole bunch of us were! It was a memory I will never forget. Thanks Allison for thinking of that wonderful idea.


My Aunt Patty had this picture of my Nanny blown up, and it was on top of the mantle all weekend. Nanny thought it was the best thing ever. She loved it. As soon as she saw it, she teared up.>


This was Nanny's first glimpse at the book.
This is Nanny starting to cry as my mom is reading what she wrote.
This is my beautiful mother, crying, as she is reading what she wrote!
When we first arrived, our 3 hostesses; Patty, Emily, & Allison handed out our GGW Nantucket bags. They are pictured below. They are so awesome. They are LandsEnd bags monogrammed with the GGW. Each bag was filled with some goodies. Nanny is the best model ever!


LOBSTER DINNER!

Can you tell my face that this lobster is really freaking me out? Well, it was and I did not try it. My Aunt actually had a whole lobster for each and every person. The table was all dolled up for the occasion. Everyone but me, thought it was the greatest meal ever.
Nanny couldn't wait to dig in!
Allison bbq some chicken breast for me, and I was as happy as can be!

Well, that's it for today. I will maybe post the rest tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would your family be interested in adopting a red head? You all are too much Kim~ I got teared up just looking at the pictures~ so sweet!! Nanny has always been so cute!!
ps. I would have eaten your lobster--gladly!!

Miss you,
Teri

Anonymous said...

KIM, YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME FEEL SO SPECIAL,LOVED AND APPRECIATED. I THANK THE LORD EVERY DAY FOR HAVING SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY.ANYWHERE I AM IF MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE WITH ME I'M HAPPY.THANK YOU FOR YOUR BLOG YOUR MOM SHOWS ME YOURS AND SHANNONS AND IT IS SO FUN. LOVE, NANNY

Anonymous said...

KIM, YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME FEEL SO SPECIAL,LOVED AND APPRECIATED. I THANK THE LORD EVERY DAY FOR HAVING SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY.ANYWHERE I AM IF MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE WITH ME I'M HAPPY.THANK YOU FOR YOUR BLOG YOUR MOM SHOWS ME YOURS AND SHANNONS AND IT IS SO FUN. LOVE, NANNY

Anonymous said...

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad today! PSALM 118:24-------and I say, thank you God for the gift of now. THANK YOU ONE, for bringing our time together alive. It is a treasure you and Shannon put on paper so well and I love every time I come to the blogs of MY REAL WORLD_ VEGAS AND EIGHT CRAZY THANK YOU, Patty, Allison and Emily for a unforgettable time. Love, Noni, Auntie Joni, and Mom

Jen said...

Oh Kimmie your so awesome, I wanted to give you a hard time about buttering up and such but I know your heart and I know you meant every bit of it. You are so lucky to have this time with your precious family. Have a great day. Love ya, jen

Swift Jan said...

Gorgeous!

Hi, your lovely eight crazy sister linked us to your blog! :)

I have enjoyed reading about your getaway with the girls... makes me a little sad that I dont have sisters!

Laurie said...

Nanny must feel so appreciated and blessed! A tradition to last a for generations.

Allison said...

kimmy!! i love your nantucket blogs! they really captured the weekend! i wish we were all still there! i cant wait for yours next year! nanny's comment is so cute! love and miss you...