Monday, June 16, 2008

Where is the Money Going?


I feel like someone or something is secretly sneaking into my bank account in the middle of the night and shredding our money up or something. My friend, Laurie, called me this morning and was venting about how expensive everything is. Whether it's gas, groceries, clothes, household items....you name it- it's went up. The price of utilities - the price of our sanity!!!!! Yesterday at my daughters softball game, the conversation was about the same thing. This morning my mom called, and we were talking about the same thing. Those of you not feeling the crunch, I am happy for you! Some say they are feeling the crunch, but are fortunate to have plenty saved, then there are some living paycheck to paycheck....and it becomes scary in times like these. Remember the funny "Target blog" that we all read? (sorry, I can't remember whose blog it was) It was funny about having to end her affair with Target. Well mine has ended too. I don't even want to spend the money on gas to drive there, let alone spend more money at the store. Don't get me wrong, we are blessed beyond measure!! It just seems as though anyone I am talking too, this talk of recession, and or feeling the money crunch comes up. When it comes to food, it becomes so much harder to eat healthy. Just wondering what everyone else was thinking? Any ideas on how to eat healthy on a budget? And when can I get back in touch with my main squeeze, Target? I wish I could cut my dollars in half to make them go further! lol!

6 comments:

Dena said...

I still love Target and get some good deals there. It sucks all the way around and it is sad because we don't see and end to this madness in sight. Matt and I make good money but it still goes fast. He went shopping with me this weekend and saw just what I have been talking about. Makes me want to keep breastfeeding just to avoid having to buy formula ;-) OK ok the nutritional benefit and bonding experience too

Anonymous said...

I gripe about everything, but the main thing that gets me FIRED up is GAS!!! I have to drive my kids to school, and its a good 20-30 minute trip there...so that isn't cheap, kwim? So here enters my TARGET addiction...yes, if I'm not playing tennis or working out, or volunteering at the school, you can find me at one of the Targets in our area.

At least during the summer I am saving gas money AND Target money, LOL

Laurie said...

God help us all! I really think the money woes have just begun! I feel so blessd to just have food in the fridg and tissue in the cabinet. No movie rentals, starbucks or target for me. E bay selling brought me a couple extra bucks. I think a lot of us have things laying around, that could bring us some spare change. My husband really feels the brunt of it, being the only provider. Can't imagine how that makes him feel. Although, on the bright side, I have a special needs baby that's doing well!!!! I will survive.......

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I feel your pain. We are cutting back too. I had to cancel my hair color appointment. I colored my roots myself today. They are okay, but I can't do my own highlights. I love getting my hair colored- BY SOMEONE ELSE!!

KimmyJ said...

Ouch, stop pinching me! I feel your pain too. It is very hard to eat healthy on a tight budget because you have to rely on carb-centric food to go farther - pasta, rice, beans, etc.

Robin said...

Feelin the crunch..Ouch, switched from Target to Walmart which was PAINFUL !!!