Monday, June 16, 2008

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

I CANT EVEN BELIEVE THAT I AM ABOUT TO GO TO BED, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED TO MY DAD. I TRIED CALLING HIM ALL DAY, BUT HIS PHONE MUST HAVE BEEN DEAD OR SOMETHING. I WILL CALL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! BUT LET ME JUST TELL YOU ALL A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT MY DAD. I WAS THINKING ABOUT HIM A LOT TODAY. I WAS AT MY DAUGHTERS SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT. (THEY WON ALL 6 GAMES THIS WEEKEND, AND TOOK 1ST PLACE IN 106 DEGREE WEATHER- BACK TO MY DAD) WELL ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE KIDS WHO PLAY COMPETETIVE SPORTS KNOW HOW UGLY THE PARENTS CAN GET SOMETIMES. THE KIDS ARE ALWAYS COOL, AND THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH LIKE EACHOTHER. BUT SOMETIMES THE PARENTS ARE ACTING LIKE IDIOTS IN THE STANDS. OR ELSE THERE IS THE PARENT WHO IS SO HARD ON THEIR KID.....ETC... WELL I GREW UP PLAYING SOFTBALL, AND MANY OTHER SPORTS. BOTH MY PARENTS WERE VERY SUPPORTIVE OF MY SISTER AND MY ACTIVITIES. WHEN I SEE HOW HARD SOME PARENTS ARE ON THEIR KIDS ABOUT THE GAMES THAT THEY PLAY, I JUST CRINGE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY, THAT MY DAD WAS NEVER ANYTHING LESS THAN MY BIGGEST FAN. I never HAVE FELT LIKE I LET MY DAD DOWN, OR DIDN'T MEASURE UP. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT MY DAD TOOK THE TIME AND ENERGY TO LET ME PURSUE MY GOALS WITH SOFTBALL, AND DIDN'T TRY AND LIVE THROUGH ME, AND ALL OF THAT WEIRD STUFF. EVEN BETTER THAN HIS FAITH IN MY SOFTBALL PLAYING, WAS THE FAITH THAT HE INSTILLED IN US AS CHRISTIANS. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE HOME THAT MY PARENTS BOTH GAVE TO ME. MY CHILDHOOD IS FILLED WITH ONLY HAPPY MEMORIES. I FEEL SO BLESSED, AND JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT! I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM TO SHARE- DARN IT.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Must be hard Kim, holding your tongue with some of "those" parents. Although, my sister and I would have loved our parents to be involved with anything we did growing up. Sorry you couldn't get a hold of your pops. I'm sure he thought of you all day. The investment you guys put into Madi, and all the girls is awesome! Lot's of blood, sweat, and tears I'm sure. Not to mention money, money, money. Your dad is proud of the mother and wife you've become, for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog One, you have always showed your appreciation for everything anyone has ever done for you. You have a heart of gold. LOL Mom

KimmyJ said...

Bravo to your dad (and mom). I have always felt so bad for the kids whose parents are not nice in that stands.

Dena said...

I liked that about my dad too. Maybe that's why I always liked playing for him and he was my batting coach too even when the college coaches didn't like it so much. It's rare to have dad's and parents like that. Ones that never miss a game. It means more to kids than they will ever know.

Shannon said...

Shout out to DAD! He is the bestest! oh, and I saw your comment on mindless junque...about the dog....don't even think about it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you got to talk to your Dad:)

And I know soo many parents like the ones you were mentioning. My boys' play football and sometimes between the parents and some of the coaches, you need to remind them that this really isn't the superbowl!!!