Monday, April 7, 2008

Wonderful Weekend Away!



Last weekend I got to fly home to Vancouver, and then head up to the Puegot Sound with some life long friends. Most of us went to school together our whole lives. I moved to Vancouver in the 2nd grade, and met Erica and Colette first. We were like the 3 musketeers. What fun memories! We soon began to play soccer and that is where we met Michelle and Cathy. Most of us in the above picture went to Jason Lee Jr. High School. Except for Vikki and Jenny. They went to that other lame school, I think it was called Gaiser, or something like that. Ha Ha! Colette left us in the 10th grade when her family moved to the Tacoma area. My point is basically, that all of these lovely, beautiful women have been my dear friends for many years. The whole group of us, Erica, Michelle, Cathy, Christina, Colette, Jenny, Vikki, Carolyn, and myself had a fun weekend of talking, WALKING on the beach, watching movies, eating good food, taking naps, and lots and lots of laughing! It is our plan to make this an annual things. Infact, they are planning on coming to my neck of the woods next year.
Vikki had the biggest surprise of the weekend when she told us that she was 12 weeks pregnant. We were all shocked and excited to hear about her news. Vikki has a daughter, Lauren. Lauren is something pretty special just like her mom. They both have a very special place in my heart. It was really amazing to just sit up late and talk with everyone! 8 out of 10 of us are married. I think I have been married the longest and my children are the oldest. Colette has 2 girls who are pretty close in age to my girls. It's been a long time since I have seen Colette. I forgot how much fun her and I have together. Since the weekend, Colette's husband, Brad got into a very serious car accident. He is still on a ventilator, and might need spinal surgery. His lung and kidneys were damaged. Please keep him in your prayers. Jenny and her husband have one beautiful daughter and are trying to adopt again. I love her quiet strength.
She seems like a great mom. Carolyn and Scott have been married about 7-8 years. Madison was their flower girl. They live in the Seattle area. As always, Carolyn was the life of the party. Her ability to connect with everyone in the room is one I admire! I love her laugh, and she brings the best desserts ever. Lol!
Cathy and her husband live in Colorado. She is the mother of two beautiful, fun-loving kids. Cathy is still the greatest story teller. She had us laughing and grossing out with all her stories of the snakes near their home. Ugh! Michelle hosted the weekend. I am so thankful for her seeing this weekend come to fruition. This cabin has been in her family since the 1940's. It's a wonderful, amazing place. Thanks for a spectacular time Michelle. The soccer was loads of fun. Erica, is still so stinkin' cute. She still manages to be the last one ready. It's funny how some things never change. Erica still managed to take a nap!I love chatting with Erica, it's just so easy. It's as if we have never lived a part. Christina is married to Darin. I went to school with Darin from 2nd grade thru high school graduation. They make the sweetest couple, and have two of the most adorable girls ever! I rode in the car with Christina both ways, as well as Cathy, and we had so much fun remembering old times. I love them both so much!All in all, much fun was had. I look forward to many more weekends together over the years.
I also got to see my family while I was home. I got to hang at the house with my parents and my Nanny! I whipped my Nanny in my first game of Phase 10. She is waiting for the re-match. (September- Nanny!) Of course, my mom cooked some good dinners, and took me out for breakfast. Then on Monday, Shannon and the family came over for more fun!! I love and miss them all very much-

8 comments:

Young Creations said...

The pictures and story sound so familiar. I have similar girls weekends with my college friends. The pciture of the girls standing on the wood pilars is wonderful. I am glad you got to get away and have some fun.

Lauren

Laurie said...

Wow Kim, I love how connected you still are to all your old friends. My friends and I smoked much pot, so some of us just forgot each others phone numbers over the years. Hee Hee! Anyway would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, and here you talk about DRAMA! Hope you guys can swing it again next year. May-be I'll pop up if the girls come here. Show them what a good time really is!! Nanny is still cute and I can tell Joan is still as sweet as ever. Your dads sucking is stomach in, I know because mine does the same thing! Glad all went well, glad to have ya back!

Trish said...

What a fun weekend! And amazing that all you girls have managed to stay in touch for this long! I hope this turns into a lifelong tradition for you all.........

Ummmm, okay, funny thing. I am friends with Vikki also, and know Christina and Erica as well. Lauren and my son are good friends (he secretly LOVES her, what's not to love?)
I had no idea about Vikki's little suprise, and I had to go back and read that paragraph THREE times just to make sure I was reading it correctly.....hmmmmm, I can't wait for her to tell me now. I think I'll go buy her a baby present to give to her when she tells me.....she'll wonder how I know, unless she reads your blog. Shhh, don't tell her I know, I want to suprise her with a gift!!

Trish said...

Hey Kim, I am sure that it won't be a secret for very long! I have not seen Vikki for a couple of weeks. I was supposed to go out with her and another friend for her b-day a couple of weeks ago, but I had the flu........at any rate, I think she ia a fabulous person and mom. So however she goes about it is fine with me!
I am going to have a little fun with her though when she tells me!! I am looking forward to it ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim~ Im glad you had fun on your trip!! Love the pictures!!
How wonderful to be able to keep life long friendships, especially when you share childhood memories.
*I will be praying for your friends husband!
Of course I enjoy the pictures of your family too, and Lauries right--Nanny is a cutie--where is Papa?
Talk to you soon~
Love & miss you
Teri

meleea said...

Sounds like a very fun trip! Life is so much sweeter with good friends - you are very fortunate to have them!

Erica said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love those "girls" getaways!!! I'm sad to hear about Brad, we'll be praying for him.