Monday, September 1, 2008

My Baby is Turning 13!




Madison Rae Anthony is turning the big 13! On September 2nd, 1995 the world was introduced to Madi Rae. What a day that was. We were living in Baltimore, Maryland at the time. Charles was playing football, and he was actually out of town for an away game. I had been having contractions for a day or so, but the doctor informed us that nothing was going to happen. I was just having Braxton Hicks contractions. So we agreed he should just go to his game. One of our good buddies from the team, Kenneth, didn't make the trip due to an injury. I was in our apartment going thru some mild contractions, when he knocked on the door asking to borrow some mayonaise. His wife was out of town visiting family. I told him about my contractions and he offered to hang with me. This was all on the 1st of September. Late at night, my pain got real bad, and he took me to the hospital. They sent me home, but they did give me a bit of a muscle relaxer or something to that affect. It made me real relaxed. I took a bath when we got back to my apartment and then laid on the couch. I fell asleep for a bit, and then I woke up from a contraction and I stood up cuz I couldn't handle the pain, and then bam....my water broke. We called my honey, my mom, and my Aunt Patty, and headed out the door. Charles was in Hamilton, Ontario. He had to take a taxi to the airport, then fly to Baltimore, then take another taxi over to the hospital. He made it just in time. What a crazy day it was for him. Now that I think about it, it was kind of a pre cursor to what life with Madi would be like. Fast paced, full of suprises and never a dull moment!
I am very proud of the young woman that Madi has become. It's not always easy parenting her. I've tried to learn to be more patient, which doesn't come that easy for me. But she loves God, and she is a good friend. She just started the 8th grade. Hopefully she will continue to do well in school. Some semesters are more of a struggle than others. She loves her softball team, "Lil Rebels". They have had a long break, but they start back up this week.
She is going to have a few friends go with her to the Mandalay Bay this weekend and do some swimming for her first party. Then next weekend she is going to have a sleepover with her softball team, for party number two. Hey ya only turn 13 once.
Did you notice how funny I looked in the above pictures. I forgot how fat I was right after I had her. She was worth every stretch mark, and now she is even worth every grey hair.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Madi
Papa Scott wants to wish you a very happy 13th birthday. You a true gift from God and a blessing in my life. You are special young lady and I have always enjoyed your high energy approach to life. I hope that you have a great birthday party with your friends. Wow 8th grade well enjoy it cuz high school is just around the corner. Happy birthday Madi Rae. Love Papa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Madi Rae xo
Wow Kim what a beautiful girl shes becoming!! I love seeing the old photos too!!

Teri

Anonymous said...

MADI, I CAN REMEMBER SO MANY STORIES WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE BUT I CAN'T TYPE SO I WILL TELL YOU A COUPLE. WHEN I ARRIVED IN BALTIMORE AND THE FIRST COUPLE TIMES MOM AND I TOOK YOU OUT IN YOUR STROLLER PEOPLE WOULD SAY," DID YOU GIVE YOUR BABY A PERM?" OR DID YOU COLOR HER HAIR?" YOUR MOM AND I WOULD JUST LOOK AT EACH OTHER AS IF TO SAY,(ARE YOU FOR REAL) YOUR HAIR WAS ABOUT THREE COLORS BUT STILL I COULD NEVER GET OVER PEOPLE THINKING ANYONE WOULD DO THAT TO A NEW BORN. MY FAVORITE PART WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE 2 AND 3 I WOULD TAKE YOU ON WALKS AND YOU WOULD LOVE SEEING YOUR SHADOW. YOU WOULD BEND OVER SO YOU COULD TOUCH IT. ALSO WE WOULD SING SONGS THE WHOLE TIME WE WALKED. I LOVE YOU A BUSHEL AN A PECK A BUSHEL AN A PECK AN A HUG AROUND THE NECK AND YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE. YOU KNEW ALL THE WORDS BY THE TIME YOU WERE THREE AND WE'VE TAKEN MANY WALKS SINCE THEN. NOW I LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR GOOD GRADES, GOOD MANNERS AND WATCHING YOU PLAY ......SOFTBALL..... I LOVE YOU MADI RAE, AND I LOVE YOUR NAME KNOW WHY I WAS GIVEN THE HONOR OF CHOOSING YOUR NAME. MADISON BECAUSE IT'S A CLASSY NAME AND RAE AFTER YOU DADS MIDDLE NAME ONLY HE SPELLS IT THE BOYS WAY RAY. HAVE A GREAT CELEBRATION AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU. LOVE, NONI

Laurie said...

Madi, Madi! You give your momma a run for her money! Your a good girl, and a sweet spirit. Happy Birthday......

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Madison! I can't believe you are 13. You don't remember but I lived with you guys when you were a toddler for a bit. Where has the time gone? I hope you have a great year in the 8th grade!

Dena said...

Happy Birthday Madi!!! Tan Tan and Taylor wish they could stay up and party like a rick star with you, but maybe when they turn 13

:-)

The Johns