Monday, August 25, 2008

MY GIRLS ARE GROWING UP!

The girls were so excited about going back to school. They actually had a hard time falling asleep last night. It was kind of like Christmas Eve around here. They finally settled in and we all got a good nights sleep. All 3 of them were up early this morning. No need for an alarm, except for me! Madi leaves first every morning, so we get her ready first. No drama this morning, which was great. Madi looked cute...in her skinny jeans, and graphic tee. She is wearing a cute necklace that her Noni gave her! Off she goes to the 8th grade! Next year, high school. Oh my goodness, can't imagine!

After I got home from taking Madi to the bus stop, it was time to get the other 2 beauties ready! They were so cute, sitting on the couch right next to eachother. All of a sudden they are best friends. I could have had a little more of that attitude during the summer! Anyhow, we got the hair all done and luches made....they got dressed....and we were out the door! Don't worry mom, they did eat breakfast and brush their teeth!
You can't see Miah's hair from this angle, but it just looked beautiful! Let me see if I took anymore! Nope, that's it! Well in my last blog I mentioned that I was so excited to get these darn kids to school, and I still am because they have been bored. However, I am not as tough as I sound. I started crying when I got in the car all alone. I have always had Mikelle to hang with me. I know for a fact that she is so excited about 1st grade, and so I know that she will be ok! I am on to a new chapter in my life.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Yes those are some cuties! Bravo on the hair, Kim. I know first hand how overwhelming that all can be. So, I have a feeling your excited to get some alone time! Your a busy family, take time for yourself when you can. Take it easy, I have a feeling you will! LOL

Scott said...

The girls looked beautiful. I liked all of the outfits and you did a wonderful job on all of the hairdo's.When did Madi get so old? Wow that must mean I am getting older ha ha. Sorry that it was so emotional Kim but you will learn to love your down and alone time. Say hey to CA and I luv ya. Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!!
Got a little emotional when I saw these pictures--so grown up!! Remember when you came down and video taped my babies first day?? All those years ago--seems like yesterday--really! I miss you guys xo Yes, this is a new chapter in your life, make it a happy one!!
teri

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO SAY I WAS JUST WITH ALL OF YOU AND I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT WAS MADI .GREAT JOB ON ALL YOU DID TO PREPARE THE GIRLS FOR THE FIRST DAY. I REMEMBER HOW EXCITED YOU AND YOUR SISTER WERE. I CAN ONLY SAY,THREE FFUUNNKKYYYY SISTERS.SOMETIME ONE, GETTING ORGANIZED FIRST(CUZ IT'S A DIFFERENT LIFE) THEN THE DOWN TIME WILL HAPPEN SOMEDAYS. LOL. LOVE YOU ALL

Shannon D said...

I barely even recognize Madi! They are getting soo big! Give them all hugs for me!

oh and tell Miah GREAT JOB last week!

Shannon D said...

ok, just read the part about you crying...
whodathunk!

meleea said...

what is it about having your last one head off to first grade!?!? suddenly there you are all alone with a whole day to yourself - what you have always wanted but now it feels so lonely!! You will adjust quickly though and the days will fly by again!
Your girls are beautiful - just like you!!!

Dena said...

sorry I have been mia on here. The girls look great and so happy. Enjoy the time because remember christmas break will be here before you know.