Monday, August 4, 2008

08-08-2008

The 2008 Olympics are starting in a few days. I am so excited about the upcoming events. During this time of economic struggles, and a political year, and so many negative things going on around the world, who can blame me for needing some uplifting, emotional, good cries! I have been hyping my kids up about the Olympics and trying to explain to them what it means to be the best in the whole world! Can you imagine, how hard these athletes have trained. How diligent they have been. Man, I miss the days of being an "athlete". Playing softball in college was nothing like preparing for the Olympics, but I loved the discipline, and drive that I had. I need to get that back in many areas of my life. I desire more discipline in my spiritual walk with God, in my physical health, as well as.................. Ok, I will just stop there. Those are two pretty big areas. I don't want to overwhelm myself. So this blog is a bit all over the place. But you better believe that the Anthony Family will be into watching the Olympic events. I can't wait to hear the first National Anthem played! Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. How about you? Will you be watching?

4 comments:

Scott said...

Kimmy, I hear ya. I too enjoy the Olympics and really appreciate all of the hard work all of the athletes do. Your right they can't play our national anthem to many times for me. As far as discipline goes that's sort of a life long battle. Good choice of areas to concentrate on. Go Anthony family, go USA! Love DAD

Laurie said...

I must say I know nothing of sports!! Although I did watch the NBA playoffs with my husband and son and enjoyed it. Yes, can't imagine what being the best in the world takes. Being the best mom and wife is enough for me! Still trying to figure all that out. I think I will watch a bit this year. Trying to figure out football, since that's my sons "new passion". Although there's a lot more detail involved in that. CA will have to help me with that. I'm sure he loves talking about his GLORY days!!LOL

Anonymous said...

YUP,YUP,YUP,YUP,YUP,I MOST CERTAINLY WILL BE WATCHING. IT'S THE AMERCIAN WAY,MY FAVORITE IS THE WINTER OLYMPICS BUT THAT WON'T BE HOLDING ME BACK.SO I WILL BE THERE WITH YOU ONE,JOAN EILEEN

Anonymous said...

The National Anthem makes me cry every time too. It's nice that you're teaching your kids about how hard the athletes have worked to get where they are.