Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Girls Get-A-Way 2008 - Nantucket!!!!


For the last 5 years, the "Bakken girls" have been getting together in Septmember, for our annual girls getaways! My sister, Shannon, came up with the concept. The first year was at her house in Vancouver, WA. My mom, and Shannon hosted a fantastic first getaway! The 2nd year we went to my Aunt Patty's house in Alpharetta, Georgia. Talk about fun, and more fun. Year 3 brought everyone to my house in fabulous Las Vegas. I would have to say, that I was also a great hostess with the mostess. Next, we went to sunny Los Gatos, California, where my Aunt Candy pampered us both on and off the beach. Year 5 took us back to the beautiful northwest. Instead of going back to Vancouver, my mom and sister decided we should move it to Seattle. We rented a beautiful home, and enjoyed all that Seattle has to offer. Now we are here.......it's my Aunt Patty's turn again. Instead of going back to Georgia, we are going to go to their summer home, in Nantucket!!! Yes, I know how lucky I am. I am sorry that you can't have tea with me and Kathy Lee. Lol! My cousins, Emily and Allison (Patty's oldest 2 daughters) are hosting, and Patty just has the priviledge of paying! I leave in 2 weeks. I cannot believe how fast the year goes by. Seattle, couldn't possibly have been 1 year ago already. Of course when we get back, I will tell you all about it, with stories and pictures. For now, I just wanted to make you salivate. Just kidding!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You not nice. JK, Jen

Anonymous said...

GREAT LITTLE REMINDER OF HOW MUCH WE AS A FAMILY WE ARE BLESSED AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE GUYS FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN FOR ALL THOSE WITH CHILDREN STILL AT HOME. WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE YA. CAN NOT WAIT. JOAN EILEEN