Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tom Cruise celebrates 25 years in film!


So just for a minute, let's just forget some of the "weird stuff" about Tom and just think about the many movies he has made over the years. When looking at the list, I have forgotten about some of them. He was on Oprah for the last two days. Now as far as Oprah, man she is definitely out there with all this New Earth stuff, but I am sure if the guest is interesting, or it's a makeover show (my favorite), I might watch it. You don't have to agree, that's just me. So back to TC, that's what his friends call him ya know. Let me list the many movies he has been in. Taps, The Outsiders, Risky Business, All the Right Moves, Legend, Top Gun, The Color Money, Cocktail, Rainman, Born on the 4th of July, Days of Thunder, Far and Away, A Few Good Men, Mission Impossible, Jerry McGuire, Mission Impossible II,strong> and lots of more recent ones, that I haven't seen. I think my most favorite is Top Gun. I mean, c'mon we all loved him in the pilot gear, with the short hair. The beach volleyball scence! I was young, leave me alone. Now, I think oh my gosh, he is so short! So just wondering if everyone has a favorite TC movie?

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Fav TC movie was "The Firm". I also liked "Collateral" with Jamie Fox. Aside from what anyone thinks of his personal life, he's a brilliant actor. Totally embodies the role, and makes you believe it. Wish him well with all his drama!

Anonymous said...

ok Kim, Im not a Tom Cruise fan, but did have a crush on John Travolta back in the day---well, if I had to pick Ive only seen 3 of his films and the Color Money was a good one. (Didn't realize he was in The Outsiders) Im so out of touch!

Heather said...

"Top Gun" all the way. Even now I could watch that movie over and over and over again. I agree with Laurie, he really is a brilliant actor. Insane, but brilliant.

Laurie said...

Wait a minute he was in TAPS? The movie with Gregory Hines about tap dancing. No way, I never saw him in that. Is it a diffrent movie than I'm thinking?

One- said...

Taps was about the military.

Laurie said...

Oh! I knew Tom wasn't that good of an actor to be with the ikes of Sammy Davis Jr..Sorry TC!!!