Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

In a world full of economic woes, downfalls, slumps, etc....I still have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my Jesus, who has forgiven me, cleansed me, and continues to help me each and everyday. I am thankful for my husband, who puts up with me, loves me, and is so cute. I am thankful for my girls, who drive me crazy, make me smile, light up a room, and make me so proud. I am thankful for the family I was born into...Dad, mom, and Shannon. What a great foundation I was given. I love that my sister and I are more than sisters, but are great friends. I love that my parents have always worked so hard to maintain a relationship with their grandkids, even though we are so far a part. I am thankful that all my daily needs are met, far exceedingly! I am also thankful for great friends, who love me, put up with me, eat with me, cry with me, and laugh with me!
Today we went up to our church to help minister to the homeless. We all worked as a family as "hosts". It was our job to walk 2 men around from station to station. To make them feel comfortable, to minister, and be their friend. They were provided with many wonderful opportunities including; clothes, jackets, backpacks (full of goodies), dental care, medical care, showers, the ability to go on-line, or make a phone call, manicures, legal council.......and at the end of all that, a fantastic meal. What a wonderful opportunity for all of us to remember just how blessed we are. As we went into eat, Pastor John said a prayer, and that is when I just started crying. As he thanked God for all our many blessings, it hit me, that even if I was the one homeless, I would still need to thank Him. This world encourages us to keep on wanting, until there is nothing else left. Today, Bob and Steve, just wanted some socks, a warmer jacket, and a hot meal. Everytime I put on a pair of shoes, I don't stop and thank God for them. I am so truly blessed. Thank you Lord for each and everything in my life! My kids were a bit nervous at first and then they were just great. I have to say that Madi is a natural. She was able to make conversation, and just be herself. Miah and Mikelle were so good about serving the food and making sure their drinks were full and such. I hope all of you had a tremendously blessed day as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ONE, WE DID AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR STORY,YOU NAILED IT.I LOVE YOU, MOM

Shannon D said...

sounds like a great way to spend thanksgiving.

I love you and am so thankful for you too!

Laurie said...

Spoke to you earlier, and know how blessed you feel from ministering to the homeless. We are all so very blessed.

Scott said...

Kim,
Thanks for today's post. It was a good reminder of how much we all have to be thankful for even in the midst of these hard times. I was also thankful that you and CA and the girls went to minister to the homeless. I know that they were blessed by your family and churches actions and that had to be an eye opening experience for the girls. You and your family are a great blessing to me. Love DAD