Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crazy, crazy friends!!


My friend, Laurie, shown here in the above photo, is giving me a hard time. I haven't blogged in about a week or so. She asked me to post a picture of anything and blog about something! So I think I am going to blog about how much she likes food! Now you wouldn't know it by looking at the picture, because her face is so nice and trim. But the girl can eat, and she is not ashamed! Chicken wings seem to be her very favorite in the whole wide world. I would guess that she makes them at home approximately 4-5 times a week. Now she does bake them rather than fry them, incase you were at all interested! Ha Ha! I love to tease her because almost everytime I get on the phone with her, which is quite often, she is nibbling on something. Hearing someone chew, or smack is one of my major pet peeves, so that's probably why I notice her chewing. When it is time for lunch, the girl doesn't just have a sandwich, or a bowl of soup. She grills up some pork chops, with a sweet potato and a salad. I crack up, because even though I wouldn't mind eating that well at lunch time, I would never take that much time to cook myself lunch. She likes desserts just as much as I do! She walks pretty much everyday, to ensure that all the calories don't catch up to her. Well I don't know how interesting this blog is, but I had to tease her a bit, because she posted a picture of my friend, Monique. It said that she was thankful she had gained a few pounds, because Monique is giving her expensive Lucky Brand Jeans, because she can't fit into them anymore. Well, Monique is more than my friend, she is Laurie's sister. So let's see how I can make this pertain to the average reader. Maybe I will pose a question- How many of you eat as well as Lauried does at lunch? If not, what types of things do you eat?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, Im like you--sounds like a great lunch, but don't want to take all that time & energy to cook! I barely can get myself to cook dinner for my family. Can't really list a typical lunch for myself-I do love leftovers- if there are any! (especially pizza)

teri

Laurie said...

Yes I guess I do love food quite a bit. I think I cater to so many folks with cooking and snacks, I like to treat myself special. No let's keep it real, I like food!!!! Really, what else is there to life? What are you women eating in the morning? Energy bars and shakes. I can eat a energy bar right when I get up at 6am, but come 10am, I need real food, substance!!! Thanks a lot Kim for exposing who I really am when it comes to food. It's about time I confront it!lol

Laurie said...

This is not the most flattering picture either, is it?

One- said...

Hey I just had to write something funny about you since you were bugging me so bad to blog. I wasn't feeling sappy, so I couldn't write about what a wonderful friend you were. Food just came to mind, when I thought about you- for some odd reason! As far as the picture, I think it's cute. You always do that same pose, with no smile. I think you should smile more in pictures!

Laurie said...

Kim, thanks for the rugs, very pretty. Enjoyed your company for that short time this afternoon. We must do dinner this week. Thanks again Kimmie!!

Shannon said...

ok, I don't "DO" blog design classes. I just sent an email out to my friends who live around here and offered to help them with their blogs.