Thursday, January 8, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME

Well, 15 years ago today, my sweet honey and I got married. What a wonderful day. Our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception was all at a beautiful country club here in Las Vegas. They supplied a wedding coordinator and everything. I was so blessed by that because I don't like planning all the little details....I am not my mom, nor my sister. I remember when she was asking what kind of flowers I wanted...I just said something white, and pretty. All my years on the softball fields, I never learned much about flowers, I guess. The one detail that I was absolutely sure of, was the man standing opposite of me, looking into my eyes, reciting his vows. We dated for about 4 years before the wedding. We were best friends, both loved Jesus, and were hot for one another. What else do you need? 15 years, and 3 kids later, and I love my honey more than ever. Marriage is definitely a roller coaster ride, that's for sure. But the highs are far more memorable than the lows. He is the best dad, best helper around the house, best ______ I could ever ask for. Thank you my honey for 19 great years together. I look forward to 90 more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tried calling but no answer so a very happy anniversary to a great couple. Fifteen-wow- where does time go? We will be married 40 this year so I guess you could be telling the truth. LOL. God bless you and may the next fifteen or more be in the Northwest. Lots of love,Mom

Laurie said...

Yes, happy anniversary!!! Laughter and love can keep a house full of happiness! Congrats you two!

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Actually I was with you at the meeting about the flowers....and I picked them out for you! That's why they were gardenias...I love gardenias!

15 years is a long time!! Congrats!