Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day! History is Made-


What a WONDERFUL day to be a part of. I had a great morning, at home, with my husband, watching President Obama take over the reigns. Even though I didn't vote for him, I am encouraged by how far we have come as a nation. That people like Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks, etc. made an impact that carried far beyond what they could have imagined. I don't think any President in history has had as many expectations put on him as he does. So many think he holds many answers. I support him in his mission, and I pray that America can be strong again.

2 comments:

Dena said...

here here!! Lets pray for recovery and for the understanding that he is just one man. But wow isn't it nice to see peole coming together these days in a good way.

Scott said...

I agree Kim and Dena. Our nation and many of the people in it are struggling like I can't remember. President Obama has a huge task in front of him and he will need the support of all of us. Someone once said that the definition of insanity is to keep doing things the same way and expect a different outcome. Well I hope all of those who love the hold hard core party lines way of doing things(both parties) will stop and get onboard with President Obama's new answers to old problems. My prayers are with him and may God bless and direct him.