Saturday, December 6, 2008

20 year Reunion?


It has begun, and I can hardly believe it. I received my first notification for my 20 year high school reunion, for next August. Wow, where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were all gathered for our 10 year reunion. Well, maybe not "yesterday", but atleast only a couple of years ago. High school was a great time. I had a great group of friends, and I look forward to as many reunions as possible. A few months ago, I was able to go home and get together with about 8 girlfriends from high school. It's amazing the laughs, and good conversations you can have with friends you haven't seen in years. The bond of high school, ties ya forever, in a special way. Now would I ever go to high school again, NO. Man, it's tough, with the peer pressure, boys, drama.....must I go on. But when you are that age, you can bounce back. I recently joined Facebook, and have been in touch with many familiar faces. I look forward to seeing how many more people make me their "friend" on FB. It just doesn't seem like it was 20 years ago that I was standing in the rain at Vikki's house, while Bette Midlers song, "Wind Beneath My Wings", played on the car stereo...and we hugged goodbye. Now I have 3 children, and she has 2. Wow.... It can't be close to 30 years that I used to go to Colettes house and make peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and watch her dog hump on it's stuffed animal. Lol! It can't be 25 years since Erica ran around in figure 8's singing "Everything is coming up roses"! Has it really been that long?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm sure it will prove to be a fun, and intresting time! May-be some good old drama will happen. Like ex's getting into it or something. That would be fun! May-be you'll be living there by then?!