Monday, March 24, 2008

A Sad Milestone!!


Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all of the very special soldiers and their loved ones who have lost their lives for my freedom. This morning when I woke up I heard the devastating news that we have lost over 4,000 soldiers now in this war. That just got me thinking about how I enjoy so many freedoms because of what they have done for me. Spring definitely is a season of "new life", when you think about it. Yesterday, we all celebrated Easter. Jesus died on the cross and rose again on the 3rd day, so that all of us can have forgiveness of sin, and a brand new life. I am "free" from sin, because He paid the ultimate price. I don't mean to compare the two as the same. I am just thankful for both!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Kim, it's so nice to hear somebody remember what ALL our military does for us each day. Not only are all those precious souls in Iraq and in Afghanistan in turmoil, but I think we should also remember our guys here and how they are stressed to the max with less Active Duty to do the work to keep this country going. And all the families that do w/o their dads and hubbys for weeks, months and years at a time. There are people defending our country everyday that love doing it and we take it all for granite. Ok I'm over my soap box, how did the tourney go? Love, Jen

Laurie said...

So true Kim and Jen. My sisters best friend of 25 plus years, has a husband who is going on his 5th tour in Iraq. She is stressed and so worried. With 3 little ones I can only imagine. She begged him to get out when his time was up, but he said his comrads need him. So sad, and yes we should all be grateful!